Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Night Rises movie review



So just got out of the theaters a few hours ago and I was throughly entertained during my viewing of the final installment of Christopher Nolan's take on Gotham's caped crusader Batman.  Running 2 hours and 45 minutes it is quite lengthy but I barely noticed I was in the theater that long.  Christian Bale puts in a solid performance as Bruce Wayne but Batman is barely seen in the movie(I kinda started to miss the over scratchy bat voice) till about an hour in.  I was a bit worried about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and rightfully so, all of her fight scenes were totally unbelievable, scarce as well.  I was left longing for more action and kicking ass by Batty but there are only 3 major fight scenes involving Batman, but when on the screen he did not disappoint at all.  He had all his familiar toys plus a new mode of transportation known as the Bat, a flying bat mobile if you will.  Stealing the show surprisingly was Tom Hardy as the villain Bane.  Hardy to pack on some serious weight to play the role and you can without doubt see just how jacked he is(he dwarfs the Dark Night)30 pounds to be exact.


I thought his voice would be hokey as hell from what I heard in the previews and teasers but while watching I have to shamefully admit I was waiting in anticipation.  Every scene with Bane had me asking for more I loved his presence in front of the camera, especially scenes with him and the caped crusader.  All in all I whole heartedly enjoyed this movie and it is definitely worth the 10 bucks to go see it in the theater.  Not to spoil anything but the last 5 mins of the movie will def have you thinking could there be another movie in line for Mr. Nolan and I would love that.

Final score 8 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment